Thursday, July 26, 2007

A Whole Lake of Thinking


Well. These last weeks have been full of good times with the family, beauty time at the lake, and me thinking myself to death. I have thought so much about life and what do in the last little while, it's actually quite taken me by surprise. I am usually a pretty laid back guy, and not to say I have been crazy or antsy or anything, just that I didn't realize how intensly I could think about life. Not sure if that made sense...let me put it simply...this is a tough decision.


Trips to Bloomington Lake with my awesome little neices and nephews, and great talks with my siblings have parents have lightened the burden a lot. But it is just one of those things, that no matter how much you talk to others, when it comes down to it...you yourself have to make that decision. So I am learning that. And the ropeswing is back up at Bloomington after going on hiatus for a period of time.


This is all of us who went on the swing... Kristi took the picture, and afterward she went as well, in her clothes. I thought she was going to freeze to death, but she made it out alright. So the other day I had a great talk on the phone with Spencer Zwick, who is the head of fundraising on Mitt's campaign. We talked and he proposed the idea of me working on the campaign... (big surprise) no what I mean is, the campaign is really working hard to get fundraising going at a more grassroots level...instead of the the richies giving all the money, they are trying to really get it coming in from all levels. So at the end of September, in Salt Lake at the Salt Palace they are having a huge call day (like the one mom and I did in Boston) but with 2500+ people there. Each person being a community captain of sorts, who by themselves, or with a team of a couple of people has commited to raise $1000 that day. So bringing in around 3 million in that one day. Once they see it can be successful here in Utah, they will expand in the next quarter to other states.

So you're thinking, ok, where do you fit in Eli? Well they have the heads of Finace and fundraising for Utah being the chairs of the event, but they need 3 or 4 full time staffers to work out of Salt Lake for the next 7 weeks coordinating the event, getting people excited and committed to it, and actually making things happen. So he asked me to be one of those people. So for the firt bit I would be in Salt Lick and then move on to Boston afterward, hopefully with a good reputation after having a good showing at this fund raiser. If for some reason I am really not feeling it at that point I can move on to something else. So it seems to me to be the perfect opportunity. The more I think about it, the more into it and excited I am. I just sent an email to Spencer telling him that I am excited about the idea, he is going to send me a formal offer, and assuming it is all good and right, that's what I will be doing. Living with Tal in NYC is extremely intriguing and hard to look past, but I have a feeling we'll be there together before too long. By January, or November when Mitt gets elected. So give me a shout, let me know what you think. I sure love you all.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Shawni said...

Love the blog, E. Even though I've been with you it's good to read what you wrote from the heart. I love you so much! I'm so excited for this new opportunity for you. Hope you're having fun in CA.