Monday, July 02, 2007

An interersting opportunity.


As most of you have heard, I had the chance to go back to Boston with Mom for this Mitt Romney Fundraiser last week. It turned out quite nice as I am thinking about going back to work on the campaign. This gave me the chance to get up close and personal and see what this is all about. I really liked the feeling there (and the chance to go the Fenway and the Garden). I don't like politics too much, but to work on a Presidential campaign, especially when it is someone who holds the same values as me, is once in a lifetime, not to mention a good resume builder.


So Mom and I made calls from the floor of the Boston Garden with a goal to raise $10,000 between us. It was a little awkward calling people and asking for money, but after 6 or 7 hours, we made our goal! Largely because of Dad, he was calling people from SLC and then calling me, and I would fill out the donor sheets as I talked to him. So we raised a lot of money, and it made it look like I was doing something worthwhile, other than calling friends for 10 and 20 dollar donations.


They even had these banners down. #33 that's Larry Bird. #00 the chief, Robert Parish.


Here we are standing outside the chartered JetBlue plane on the tarmack at the private airport in Salt Lake. That was pretty cool. So anyway, I am feeling pretty good about the prospect of going to work on the campaign. I fasted about it yesterday and have yet to receive a stupor of thought, so assuming I can actually get a job, I think I am going to go for it. Work there in Boston until the campaign ends, and then see what happens from there, maybe migrate down to the Big Apple because as you all know, that is one place I just have to live. I am excited to see you all at the reunion! Keep reading down for some pics of Fenway!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: