Sunday, February 14, 2010

V Day Love

Julie here. Just wanted to share a little bit of what I have been thinking about today.

Today is V Day Love.

An event created by my previous roommate Horito (like Doritos with an H). For four years I lived with these amazing girls. Each year Horito made her famous sugar cookies and chocolate covered strawberries. Then we feasted on waffles and pink milk. Even last year (when we all lived in the same state) we bid farewell to our husbands on this day and spent the afternoon together.

So today, out of habit, I have been thinking of all the women in my life. My mom. She is pretty amazing to leave her home and family for two years to live in Brazil, learn Portuguese, and teach people about Jesus Christ and how we can find true happiness. Next my two sisters; my ultimate examples of love, kindness, and selflessness. 11 sister-in-laws who inspire me to be just a little better each day. And an unbelievable mother-in-law; I seriously can not think of one bad thing about this woman.

Here is a tribute to all 15 of those women.

Sisters

The other amazing group are these roommates (and friend from my nursing program) I mentioned.  I can’t believe how much I grew during the years spent with these ladies.  Here are just a few pictures I could find on Eli’s computer. 

v day love1

Special thanks to these roommates. Until I married Eli, they were the ones to deal with this every night…

                                                                   Julie's Bday 09 041

                                                                                 Happy V day love!

4 comments:

Linda said...

What a fun idea! Thanks for this Julie! Loved seeing all the pics...especially the last one!
Happy Valentine's Day to you and Eli!
Love you!

Shawni said...

It was so fun to see you guys last night. Sure love you.

jenn + michael said...

Come back to us, Juju!

Unknown said...

i love vday love.
we even invited boys this year.
and you were definitely missed.