Monday, December 03, 2007

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

You all know how much I love Christmas.

I can't tell you how excited I was to wake up on Saturday to a fresh blanket of snow. Then is just kept going all day and provided for an absolutely beautiful winter wonderland capped off by a beauty trip to Temple Square and to get a tree. I just love this time of year. People change, there is just a different feeling in the air, everyone listens to the same great music, and most important, we get to go back 2000 years to that night in Bethlehem. That has taken on a whole new light for me this year as I have had the chance to actually go to Bethlehem in the last year. Wow. What an experience that was and I am excited to have many chances to reflect back on that this season. Temple square is as beautful as ever, I love walking around down there at Christmas.

The place was rammed with people from all over the world. I heard about 5 different languages as I walked around. Tourists and locals, LDS and non-LDS everyone there together enjoying the beauty of Temple Square. I walked past one group of tourists who were just dumbfounded by the lights. They kept saying, "it just looks like daylight under this tree" in total amazement. Props to the guys who put up all those lights, cause after putting lights on one tree I am ready for a nice long break.

So being there with Julie made it that much better. I think she is a littel shocked at how excited I am about Christmas, but that is just who I am. So we had a nice walk around and then went up and met Mom and Dad at the Christmas tree lot and found a beauty. Shopping for trees with Dad is pretty funny, it was cold out so every tree we looked at, he would just say "that is the most beautiful tree I have ever seen, let's buy it" You all know how awesome Dad is in those situations. So we bought one on impulse but it turns out to be quite a beauty.

I don't think i've been so busy in my life before. I get up, go to work for ridiculous hours (anything for Mitt right?) hang out with Julie for a while or come home and think for 20 minutes, go to bed and get up and do it again the next day. Crykee. I am excited for Jan. 3 (the Iowa Caucus) when we'll find out whether or not all of this was worth it. I should be greatful though, I got a job and it is a pretty incredible experience minus having to work through people that are wicked slow cause they have so much else on their plates. Oh well though. That's just life. I am really excited to go back East this weekend. To go through the temple with Char and to see the greatest city on earth at Christmastime. Oh baby.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

bostonshumways said...

Eli, you're such a hum bug at christmas! JK. I love you're christmas cheer. Just so you know, I don't think that first song is working on your play list thing, it plays all garbled on my machine.

Love you, can't wait to see you!

eyre blog said...

nice pig. the song works for me.

Jonah and Aja said...

you should quit mitt's and just become a christmas cheer consultant.

Shawni said...

I love Christmas too and I'm so glad I got to share part of our getting ready for it here with you. That was fun to cut your hair in the light of the Christmas tree and just talk with you and mom. Sure love you.

charity eyre wright said...

booyah!

i am so flipping excited to be with you in boston and new york at christmastime!! seriously though, nothing compares to temple square. those lights are insane!!

get ready, because "baby it's cold outside." bonechilling here in bean town.

go mitt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so many people came to our wellesley ldssa open meeting last night. mom's convinced it's because of mitt. probably a lot of it is. they should have "loose your life for my cause and you will find it" as the theme at the campaign. you are putting in so many hours!

can't wait to see you!
bah humbug

Linda said...

It's so fun to see the world through your eyes. Great thoughts and pics. It's soooo fun having you around to keep us grounded! Just wish I could figure out how to make the sound work on my computer. What's up with that? Even Josh can't figure it out! Thoughts anyone?
Love you,
Mom